After Your Building & Pest Inspection
You have received your report, now what?
After your inspection, the building report will highlight any defects to the property and their urgency. It will also indicate any conditions conducive to structural defects.
Our reports are easy to follow, highly detailed and will include recommendations to help you make an informed decision on your property. If you are unable to attend the inspection or are unsure about something in the report, contact your Toowoomba inspector immediately for clarification before making any decisions.
Here are some basic tips on what to do once you've received your report:
- Firstly, if you are unsure about anything in your building report, do not consult those who are unqualified. This is a sure-fire way to misinterpret the report - for clarification, contact your inspector instead.
- Remember, your building inspector's job is not to pass or fail a property but to flag any current or future defects. This is so that you are aware of the condition of your property or the property you intend to buy.
- If your report has identified any major defects the next step is to obtain a quote from a specialist in that field, be it a licensed builder or carpenter, engineer, or electrician. Make sure to 'shop around' before committing to a quote to get the best possible value for money. If time constraints are tight and do not allow for a quote to be obtained, speak with your lawyer or legal representative.
- The role of the inspector is to find faults in a property, so please do not ask them for a price estimate on any rectifications the property might need. An inspector does not know the full scope or magnitude of the work needed and a professional trade is required to give an accurate quote.
- Following a pre-purchase inspection, don't ask the building inspector if the price you are paying for the property is appropriate - it is not their job nor are they qualified to do so.
- It is ultimately up to you to determine what is an acceptable price. It is wise to do some research and compare similar properties in the area you intend to buy before making your decision.
The great majority of buildings we inspect have faults to some degree. This should not necessarily deter you from purchasing a property. The final decision is up to you and depends on your individual circumstances. Our reports provide a detailed description of the property and any faults found, to equip you with the facts and allow you to make an informed decision. View a selection of sample reports from various inspections.
If you have any queries about our reports, or would like to book an inspection for a Toowoomba property you are interested in, please contact our friendly team today.