Brunswick Heads Building & Pest Inspections
Inspect My Home has been providing prospective buyers with informative and independent reports in Brunswick Heads NSW and the greater Northern Rivers since 2004.
Our qualified Northern Rivers building & pest inspectors provide comprehensive reports so that you can make an informed decision on a property and buy with confidence. As a licensed and insured company, you can rest assured that all of our building and pest reports are carried out in accordance with Australian Standards.
We service Brunswick Heads as well as the entire Northern Rivers region. Contact Inspect My Home today for your building and pest inspection needs.
Building Inspection Brunswick Heads
If you're looking to purchase a property in the Brunswick Heads area, a building inspection is an important step of the buying process to ensure you know the true condition of the property.
As one of the most significant financial decisions you will make in your lifetime, getting independent building inspectors who work for you (not the seller or real estate agent) is essential for making an informed purchasing decision.
Our building inspectors will provide you with a comprehensive pre-purchase building inspection report (usually sent within 24hrs of conducting the inspection).
Termite Inspection Brunswick Heads
In the same way, it's critical to get a combined building and pest inspection to check for any termite activity or timber pest infestation.
Termites and their colonies are typically underground, out of sight or within wood materials so the termite damage is hidden out of sight. Termites can cause some serious damage to properties and can impact the property's structural integrity, resulting in costly repairs.
This is why it's a good idea to get a professional pest inspector who knows where to look for termite damage with the latest equipment on hand.
Book Online Now
Northern Rivers Building & Pest Inspection Costs
Our inspection prices for Northern NSW and Tweed Shire depend on a range of factors such as the size of the property being inspected and the type of inspection you need. View approximate pricing below, or contact us for a detailed quote.
- Apartments of approximately 100sq meters from $440.00 (incl. GST)
- Standard house up to 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms from $495.00 (including GST)
- Standard house up to 3 bedrooms & 1 bathrooms from $510.00 (including GST)
- Standard house based on 4 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms from $520.00 (including GST)
- Building Inspection Only - from $360.00 (including GST)
- Pest Inspection Only - from $330.00 (including GST)
- Asbestos Audit - POA
- Handover Report - POA
Inspection Service Area
Inspect My Home are the pre-purchase building and pest inspection specialists for the Northern Rivers, servicing the entire region and beyond:
- Tweed Shire: Tweed Heads, Fingal Head, Banora Point, Bilambil, Murwillumbah, Chillingham, Terranora, Tumbulgum, Kingscliff
- Lismore: Rosebank, Nimbin, Dunoon, Clunes, Bexhill, Howards Grass, Goonellabah, Woodlawn
- Byron Bay: Bangalow, Suffolk Park, Mullumbimby, Brunswick Heads, Ocean Shores, Wooyung, The Pocket
- Ballina: Lennox Head, Alstonville, Dalwood, Tintenbar, Wollongbar, Empire Vale, Brooklet, Uralba
- Kyogle: Woodenbong, Cawongla, Mummulgum, Tooloom, Tabulam, Bonalbo, Mount Lion, Tunglebung
- Richmond Valley: Casino, Evans Head, Rappville, Woodburn, Spring Grove, Myrtle Creek, Coombell
See the full Northern Rivers inspection service area.
After Your Building & Pest Inspection
You have received your comprehensive report, now what?
After your inspection, the building report will highlight any major and minor defects to the property and their urgency. It will also indicate any conditions conducive to structural defects, such as pest damage, high moisture levels or cracks in the foundation.
Our reports are easy to follow, highly detailed and will include recommendations to help you make an informed decision on your property. If you are unable to attend the inspection or are unsure about something in the report, contact your Brunswick Heads inspector immediately for clarification before making any decisions.
Here are some basic tips on what to do once you've received your report:
- Firstly, if you are unsure about anything in your building report, do not consult those who are unqualified. This is a sure-fire way to misinterpret the report - for clarification, contact your inspector instead.
- Remember, your building inspector's job is not to pass or fail a property but to flag any current or future defects. This is so that you are aware of the condition of your property or the property you intend to buy.
- If your report has identified any major defects the next step is to obtain a quote from a specialist in that field, be it a licensed builder or carpenter, engineer, or electrician. Make sure to 'shop around' before committing to a quote to get the best possible value for money. If time constraints are tight and do not allow for a quote to be obtained, speak with your lawyer or legal representative for legal advice.
- The role of the inspector is to find faults in a property, so please do not ask them for a price estimate on any rectifications the property might need. An inspector does not know the full scope or magnitude of the work needed and a professional trade is required to give an accurate quote.
- Following a pre-purchase inspection, don't ask the building inspector if the price you are paying for the property is appropriate - it is not their job to comment on your property purchase, nor are they qualified to do so.
- It is ultimately up to you to determine what is an acceptable price. It is wise to do some research and compare similar properties in the area you intend to buy before making your decision.
The great majority of buildings we inspect have faults to some degree. This should not necessarily deter you from purchasing a property. The final decision is up to you and depends on your individual circumstances. Our detailed reports provide an in-depth description of the property and any faults found, to equip you with the facts and allow you to make an informed decision. View a selection of sample reports from various inspections.
If you have any queries about our reports, or would like to book an inspection for a Brunswick Heads property you are interested in, please contact our friendly team today.
Northern Rivers Inspectors
Our Brunswick Heads building and pest inspection services are carried out by our highly trained inspectors. Delivering professional and friendly services to all clients, our inspectors will provide a comprehensive and independent property report at a competitive price. Meet some of our local building and pest inspectors servicing Brunswick Heads the greater Northern Rivers region:
Information & FAQs
Below these commonly asked questions are a series of downloadable guides. These will help you select the right services and make an informed decision about your requirements. View sample building & pest reports.
Would you buy a used car without getting an expert to look for possible mechanical issues before your purchase? Well, the same principle applies when buying a home or property! It is important to get a professional to thoroughly inspect the property to get a true understanding of the property condition.
As a licensed building inspector, we have the years of experience and knowledge needed to find the most common building faults, as well as any significant structural damage, potential issues, evidence of termite activity, or other building issues.
Yes. Getting a handover report will ensure you are protected from any substandard workmanship and builders that may cut corners when building your new home. Taking place prior to the purchaser taking possession of their new home, a handover inspection will ensure your home is ready to move in to and will highlight in detail any defects and imperfections, plus it will protect you in the future if you decide to sell.
We pride ourselves on our fast report turnaround and quality service. We usually conduct a building inspection within 48 hours of your inspection request. Your report will be available within 24 hours, emailed through to your chosen email address. However, in an urgent situation, we will endeavour to complete the inspection within 24 hours, and upon request, your reports can be made available on the day of the inspection.
Yes, we encourage you to be on site on the day of the inspection if possible. We will also liaise with the selling agent/vendor on your behalf to organise access to the property, we will then notify you of the inspection day and time.
Yes of course - all of our building and pest inspectors are available to discuss the contents of their reports with the owner of the report.
Inspect My Home is Australia's most experienced building and pest inspection company. We have been conducting inspections now for over 15 years. Read more about our company.
Inspect My Home is a fully licenced and insured building inspection company providing a professional service. Our all inspectors and employees are covered by professional indemnity. Get to know more about us.
All reports are comprehensive and are written in an easy to understand format. View a sample building report.
No, it is not expensive. It is a small investment to receive an informative assessment regarding the condition of a property which could save you thousands of dollars, particularly if major structural issues are uncovered. View our building & pest inspections pricing.
You can pay by credit card when making your booking and this will then be processed on the day of the inspection. You can find a comprehensive list of pricing for building and pest inspections by following the link.
You can call us on 1300 337 447 and speak with one of our friendly staff, or you can save time by filling out our convenient online form and book online.
We hope this information is of value to you and you choose Inspect My Home to carry out your next building inspection. We look forward to being of service to you.
WARNING!! - beware it is no longer compulsory in Queensland for an individual or company conducting inspections to have professional indemnity insurance - make sure the company you choose is insured! Find out more.
To find out if we service your area and to find your closest building inspector, enter your location in our search bar below.
Typically the buyer organises the building and pest inspection, however we are often approached by sellers who are looking to get a pre-sale inspection.
Yes we do. We can inspect your property and provide reports such as:
- Condition Report (also known as Dilapidation Reports)
- Asbestos Testing & Asbestos Inspections
- Handover Inspection Reports
We also provide the following services: