Welcome to Inspect My Home Cairns
Inspect My Home is your specialist in Cairns and Far North Queensland (FNQ) for pre-purchase property inspections, offering a wide range of inspection and reporting services. With vast experience, our inspector Darren will provide comprehensive and informative reports within 24 hours.
Darren: Cairns Building & Pest Inspector
Darren has worked in the building construction industry for over 30 years. He completed his apprenticeship as a Carpenter/Joiner in Country NSW. He worked on a diverse array of projects from house construction and extensions to industrial maintenance, school construction and office modifications. Darren moved further afield to broaden his knowledge and experience working in his trade both in Australia and overseas. Career opportunities and the drive to expand knowledge, skills and experience saw Darren take on more complex and challenging projects in the residential, commercial and industrial construction areas. Click to read more about Darren:
These included projects in three states of Australia (WA, NT, QLD) and overseas for Clients in the private and public sectors as well as mining and resource companies. A sample of these include but are not limited to:
- Carpenter/Joiner for high rise in New Zealand and PNG, home building in Canada as well as Nusteel homes in Townsville;
- Site Manager for the construction of the administration and amenities buildings for Ernest Henry Minesite near Cloncurry while working for Abi Group;
- Site/Project Manager for the refurbishment of 170 residential homes for Woodside Energy in Karratha WA;
- Building Maintenance Manager for the LNG Gas Plant, Supply Base and Heliport in Dampier owned by Woodside Energy;
- Asset Manager for the maintenance, acquisition and disposal of an 1800+ residential property portfolio for Defence Housing Australia in Darwin NT;
- Site Manager for the construction of the Riverway Arts Centre and Swimming Lagoons in Kirwan, Townsville;
- Town Housing/Facilities Superintendent for the company owned town of Leinster WA for BHP Billiton which included all maintenance, disposal and acquisition associated with 286 houses, airport, town commercial centre, School, Medical Centre, waste water treatment facility, waste dump, roads and other infrastructure; and
- Area Project Manager for the construction of Orebody 24 at Jimblebar Newman WA for BHP Billiton. With principal responsibility for the delivery of Non-Process Infrastructure.
These are just some of the diverse construction projects that Darren draws experience and knowledge from to assist Cairns Clients with their pre purchase building and pest inspection and Pool Safety Compliance requirements.
Darren has an open Qld Builders Licence and also holds a Builders Licence in Western Australia. He is fully conversant with Australian Standards and the requirements for structures built in tropical Australia and in particular, those in the cyclone prone regions.
Darren has also gained accreditation as a Completed Residential Building Inspector, is a licenced Pest Technician and a qualified QLD Pool Safety Inspector in Queensland.
To compliment his years in the field Darren had undertaken further academic studies and has a Diploma of Frontline Management (2001) as well as a Masters of Business Administration (2011) from Curtin University so he is well equipped to manage and operate his own business.
This outline of Darren’s practical experience and qualifications makes Darren among the most highly qualified and knowledgeable Building, Pest and Pool Safety inspectors in Far North Queensland. In addition Inspectmyhome Cairns carries insurances that exceed the requirements of the QBCC to give our Clients the reassurance and extra peace of mind we know you want.